Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Favorite Perennials and Annuals

Here are some of my favorites.

I plant all of my annuals in large pots.  Less watering.


"Jackmani" clematis growing up the dog kennel.

"Rasberry" petunia, annual



One of the few lillies friends have shared with me.


Shasta Daisy


One of the few annuals that I do buy, cosmos.
Nice flowers for flower arrangements.



One of the many sedums I have, "Chocolate".  Sedums are so easy to propogate with cuttings.  Just pinch off a piece, put it in the ground, keep it watered and next year you will have a plant like this! 
To keep them from getting too leggy, when they are about 8 inches tall, I pinch off the top so it's flower head doubles and the plant is shorter.  There are many kinds of sedums.  Some are short ground covers and others are almost like little bushes, like this one.  Colors range from green/white veriegated to this deep burgandy.  One cannot have too many sedums in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment