Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July Garden

Welcome to my garden in July.
It's been warm and things are really growing in the heat.


This is the walkway to my front door.
Mostly sedums, daylillies, hostas.


This corner flower bed is up by the hot gravel road. It's a long way to bring a hose, so what ever gets planted here, has to be pretty hardy.  I'm proud to say that I have finally gotten to the point where I do not have to buy any annuals for this bed.  William Baffin climbing rose, Russian sage, lily, Shasta daisy, and two kinds of sedums.  I'm trying to grow a front border alternating the two kinds of sedums.


My sedum collection.
Not sure if I like this layout.


One of the few annuals that I do buy are red geraniums.
I always put them in large containers since I don't like to water too often.


Can't have too many Stella D'oro daylillies.


Starting to get some color in the big flower bed.


Achillea "The Pearl" is becoming invasive.
Next year I am going to sink it into a pot to control if from spreading so much.


Two of my favorites in the background, "Carl Forrester" reed grass and "Marshall's Delight" monarda.


The back of this bed is pretty much a row of "Autumn Joy" sedum.  I find using this large sedum across the back of the bed helps to keep the bed upright and makes a nice line of repetition in the background.  The dark perennial in front is a new one, "Black Scallop" bugleweed.  Again, the petunia is in a big barrel.  I don't like to water!



Across the center is one of my favorite sedums, "Matrona".
You cannot have too many sedums!

Around the patio is "Dragon's Blood" sedum.  Right now it is blooming bright pink.


Another great perennial, coral bells or heuchera.  These come in many colors, from lime green to this deep burgandy color.  Like most of my perennials, I don't know it's exact name because I probably got it as a little plant from another gardener.  That is what makes gardening so much fun, sharing extra plants with others and collecting new plants from my garden friends.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment